Friday 31 May 2019

Alexis Pritchard comes to Owairaka!

Yesterday we had a Kuari assembly and we had a special guest joining us.Her name is Alexis Pritchard and she is well known for boxing.She won a bronze medal in the Commonwealth games in the Gold coast last year in 2018.

She talked to us about courage and some of our goals to become courageous.She also said that part of being courageous is stepping out of your comfort zone.Then she got us into groups of six and we got some sticky notes and we had to write one thing we were comfortable with and two things we weren't so comfortable with.I wrote that I'm comfortable with Netball but I'm not so comfortable with public speaking and sharing speeches with the class and  the whole of kauri team (which I guess is basically public speaking).


here are some photo's




THE END (;

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora, It’s your friend Amani and I’m from Room 25 next door at Owairaka District School. I really liked your blog post about Alexis Pritchard also she was right about being courageous,did you notice you spelled Kauri wrong?

    Thanks for sharing your learning. You should check out my blog (odsamaniw.blogspot.co.nz/)

    Blog you later,Alligator
    Amani

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.