Tuesday 28 August 2018

My speech about kauri dieback

Introduction
Do you know about kauri dieback, Hi my name is Ileana and
today i’m going to share my speech with you. Our precious
kauri is being affected and soon they might be extinct.
The history of kauri dieback
Kauri dieback was first discovered on Great Barrier Island in
the 1970s, but has spread to the New Zealand mainland.The
bacteria has existed in New Zealand for centuries, and has
only recently become a danger to kauri.
What is kauri dieback & what does it do
Kauri dieback is a disease, that is caused by a spore that
attacks the roots and trunk of kauri trees, and damages the
tissue in the tree that carries nutrients, and causing them
to die.
It is having a bad  effect on our kauri trees and the forest
that relies on them. The disease has no known cure and there
is no proven way to stop  its spread. However it is thought
that it is spread by tiny bits of soil moving between trees.


How we can help
We can help kauri dieback by planting new kauri where kauri
dieback hasn’t yet been found. We can also help by
1.clean our shoes so the soil doesn’t spread.
And 2.If your going to go on a bush walk then stay on the
track and when you leave spray your shoes so you don’t
spread any kauri dieback.
The department of conservation (Doc)
The department of conservation also known  as (DOC) has the
responsibility for managing kauri dieback and looking after kauri
on conservation land that also means private land.

They also have programs for people to help like doing some research
, finding ways to cure it and planting new kauri.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ileana My name is Rico I'm from Rm23. I love the way you presented it. How long did it take to do it all? Come check out my blog at http://odsricor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Rico, thankyou for the comment and it took me two days to do it and one day to finish so three days in total.

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Ileana I am Licha from Room 8, I liked the presentation really nice. I liked how you put in lots of facts. How long did it take you ? 1 week ?. Well if you would like to visit my blog the address is http://odsnitlichac.blogspot.com/
    Blog ya later šŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Licha, thankyou for the really nice comment and it actually took me three days to do it but it did feel like a week.

      Delete
  3. Kia Ora Ileana I am Licha from Room 8, I liked the presentation really nice. I liked how you put in lots of facts. How long did it take you ? 1 week ?. Well if you would like to visit my blog the address is http://odsnitlichac.blogspot.com/
    Blog ya later šŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒ

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.